Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm Not an Addict, I Can Quit Whenever I Want

I’ve had two cups of coffee already today, and I still cannot keep my eyes from closing every few minutes. I either need to cut back on my caffeine intake or I need to start mainlining adrenaline. Since it would take a ton of actual effort to get my paws on some adrenaline and I have a pathological fear of needles, it looks like I’m stuck with cutting back on the sweet, sweet nectar my coffeepot produces. The problem with this is twofold. Part one is that I am basically not good for anything until I’ve had a cup of coffee in the mornings, and even with that starter cup, I’m still a zombie until about 8:30 or 9:00. Part two is that I once tried to kick my caffeine habit before and I ended up suffering from a hardcore withdrawal headache that finally abated once I caved in and had a soda. At what point do I start calling this an addiction? I crave it, I can’t function normally without it, I’ve tried to quit unsuccessfully, and I suffer withdrawals if I experience a prolonged length of time without it. Now excuse me while I go finish off the rest of my Dr. Pepper from lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment