Thursday, June 21, 2007

Oh, the Places You'll Go!

I'm so excited right now! Pamala and I are planning a trip abroad next year. I really want to take her to places in Ireland, even if she isn't all that keen on it. Of all the places I've ever been, Killarney was honestly the greatest. I think it had something to do with staying in the tiniest little hostel, which was run by a crazy Polishman who did Batman impressions. Or maybe it had something to do with the fact that Killarney has the highest concentration of pubs in Europe. Seriously. Five streets, eighty six pubs. It's amazing. And then we have to go up to Doolin, which is the opposite. Lots of sprawling countryside cottages, and three pubs. But they have amazing live music every night and the guy who runs the hostel sounds like Bono, and even though I hate Bono with a raging passion, dude does have an awesome voice.
We also obviously have to spend a great deal of time in London, doing London-y things. Museums and bookstores and Towers, oh my! Maybe I'll even get to go to Dali-world like I wanted to but never got to. Oh, and the parks!
Also high on the list is heading back to Italy, since I only got to spend four days there. Two of those days were spent getting lost in Venice, which was awesome. I would love to do Rome and be all touristy. And maybe we could hit up Nicole's family, they have a house in Tuscany.
Which brings me to Greece, where, wouldn't you know it, Nicole's family also has a house. Hhhmmm...
If we can get Orly to come with us, she would be great in Spain. After all, she did live there for a while. Who better to show us the best places? And I bet she still knows people there and we could crash on couches for cheap.
And Paris. We have to go to Paris. I never made it before, even though I lived in fucking Brighton for three months and could have swam to France. Because cheese...wine...bread...I need to go to France.
I also really want to go to Prague. I don't really know why, other than that it looks so beautiful.
So we are going to start saving our dollars and planning and narrowing down our plan and harassing Orly even though she probably won't come with us. I cannot wait to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment