Wednesday, March 7, 2007

So Uninspired

I have been trying to come up with a topic to post about all day, and I've got nothing. Best Friend recently posted this awesome thing about describing colors in terms of the other senses (smell, taste, touch, sound) and she wants me to do the same. The problem is that hers were so right on and so good that I don't know if I can separate myself from it enough to have mine be all that different. At any rate, if I do do that, it will be far in the future. I want to, I just want it to be good. And today I am just not feeling "it". Maybe having McDonald's for lunch has something to do with it.
I am continuing to love my new apartment, even if I am ambiguous about the current furniture arrangement. I found a bunch of those tab thingies that will hold the cable cord down along two of the walls in the living room last night. If we used those, the tv could be moved to the opposite wall from its current place, so it would be adjacent to the kitchen entrance. Plus, I would get some use out of the absurdly long cable cord I have. And maybe move the big chair over to where the tv is now, and put the table and chairs...where? By the sliding glass door? Man, furniture is still hard. I think that Roommate is not working tomorrow, so we can talk and stuff then. We still have to fill out the "Here's stuff that was already damaged when we moved in" section of the lease, and then actually mail the lease off.
In other, equally boring, news, my garage door flat out refuses to close the bottom six inches. I can't say that I really blame it though, I wouldn't want to touch the ground out there either. Be that as it may, leaving the garage door open six inches all the time is not a wise thing to do, particularly when all of the spaces are connected. It's like one long garage with separate doors. So I called Landlord today and he says he'll fix it. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

Holy God, I am boring myself. I'm sorry, I just can't get my brain to think anything today.

Ok, maybe this will be fun. I made the observation the other day that a significant majority of my post titles are either song titles or lyrics. I have a thing about music. Yeah, I know most people have a thing about music, I'm not special. But here's my thing: I always know the words to whatever song is playing anywhere I go. I also have an unconscious compulsion to sing along with whatever song I hear. I sing in stores, in restaurants, at the supermarket, everywhere. I also sing in the car like a normal person, thing is, I don't realize that I'm singing. Another strange thing that I do is this: I often will sing a song lyric as a response in conversation. Or I will pepper emails (and apparently blog posts) with lyrics. I am beginning to wonder why song lyrics are the most readily accessible thing in my brain. I would hope that after getting that Bachelor's Degree, I would have something else kicking around up there...

So, for those of you that have done a quick review of my post titles so far and think that I'm lying to you, here's the rundown:

So Uninspired -- Natural Woman "When I feel...so...uninspired"

Puzzle Pieces on the Floor -- Postal Service, Such Great Heights "I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles / in our eyes are mirror images and when / We kiss they're perfectly aligned / And I have to speculate / That God Himself / Did make us into corresponding shapes / Like puzzle pieces on the floor".

Call it What You Want to Call it -- a rap/hip hop song in which the next line is "I'm a fucking alcoholic".

Suspicious Minds -- If you didn't get this one you should be shot.

Head in the Clouds -- Fiona Apple, Sleep to Dream "I got my feet on the ground and I don't go to sleep to dream / You got your head in the clouds and you're not at all what you seem".

I'm Not an Addict -- Only this part of the title is a song. K's Choice, Not an Addict. Great song, she's got an awesome voice.

So Many Reasons -- This was actually Nivea, 25 Reasons Why. But I didn't have 25.

Sitting, Waiting, You Know the Rest... -- Jack Johnson, Sitting, Waiting, Wishing.

Win Some, Lose Some -- Bryan Addams. That right, Bryan Fucking Addams. That is what is in my head.

Shaky Ground -- Lemonheads, Shaky Ground.

That's all for now. The rest weren't references to songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment