Saturday, January 3, 2009

Netflix Adventures

This week: Dirty Harry
First impression: I always like a good shoot 'em up flick
Will I watch it again? If I happen upon it in the bargain bin, I'll probably pick it up

Overall I enjoyed watching this movie. The only nagging point I have is why they asked Harry to deliver the ransom the second time. That part just makes no sense to me. This guy has made it absolutely clear that he wants to kill this murderer, and yet they ask him to play along and do what the bad guy says. Unless they knew that he would kill him, and that was what they were counting on...The plot thickens. I'm probably reading way too much into that.
As far as shoot 'em up cop movies go, this is one of the better ones I've seen. There's weren't any wacky explanations about why the killer was doing this. It doesn't matter why he's doing it, what matters is stopping him. It also addresses a flaw in the judicial system when the killer is released because his house was searched without a warrant. I'm not entirely settled on that point anyway, so it's good to see a strong take on how the systems put in place to protect us can also harm us.
One thing I am sure of: I would kill someone to get my hands on this trench coat!


Is that not the most beautiful jacket you have ever seen? I couldn't find any images of it online, so I straight up took these pictures of my tv. I am dedicated. I will have this jacket.

Update: As Pamala pointed out, yes this jacket does look like cheap plastic "leather" in these photos. You will just have to trust me that it looks way better on tv. It's shiny because it is sort of metallic looking. It doesn't look cheap on tv. Yes, somehow shiny+green+metallic+jacket = not cheap looking. Just go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment