Thursday, August 9, 2007

Clockwatching


There are a lot of things that I've been meaning to write about, but I just can't seem to muster the energy. Not even to write, but to do anything really. Everything I think about trying to do has taken on a monumental impossibility. I haven't even gotten around to making a To Do List, because thinking about it makes me want to take a nap. I'm a habitual list-maker, so that's a bit major. Another indication that I'm not quite myself is that my desk is not neat and tidy. I'm one of those weirdos who has trouble functioning with a messy desk, but at the moment, I just can't be bothered. I have a ton of things to do, but I have to wait to get started on them.

I think that has a lot to do with my lethargy. I feel like my whole life has been spent waiting for one thing or another. Waiting to finish high school, waiting to transfer to a UC, waiting to finish my degree, waiting to hear if I got that job, waiting, waiting, waiting. Not to mention all the little waitings in life. And I'm still waiting for things. I'm waiting to take the LSAT next month. I finally finished waiting to start studying for it this week, so that at least is one less thing I'm waiting for. Once I take it, I'll have to wait for the results. And then wait to apply to schools. Wait to hear back. Wait to go. Wait for my life to start.

I'm sick of waiting for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment